Consider what materials sinks are made of and what are their differences, so that you can make the right choice when you come to a plumbing store. Participants in the review: steel, glass, ceramic, and wood.
- Glass sinks for plumbing are most often used as a decorative component of the interior. They can be of different shapes and colors. They do not find practical use and are rather expensive and fragile in comparison with others.
- Wood sinks plumbing, in the same way, emphasize the individual style of the interior and have no functional feature. Such plumbing requires careful handling, and in case of mechanical damage or prolonged heating with hot water, it leads to deformation and destruction of the sink. These sinks are elite and have a high price.
- A ceramic sink for plumbing is one of the most common types of sinks that is shock and scratch-resistant. The surface is easy to clean and has a striking, stylish design. But it is quite heavy, and when cracks or chips occur, it collapses from the inside.
- Steel sinks belong to the budget option, have a cheaper look, are not subject to mechanical stress, and are very noisy, even if water gets in, not to mention other items
The right choice of flexible tap hose for plumbing
A flexible connection for water is a connecting element between the mixer and the water supply system, through which both hot and cold water flows. The hose replaced pipes, due to its flexibility and simplified installation method, it will depend on the right choice whether your water supply system will leak or not. When choosing a liner, you should pay attention to the braid, size, and connection.
The braid is:
• made of aluminum thread – service life 3-4 years;
• made of galvanized steel wire – used as temporary;
• made of stainless steel thread – service life up to 8 years, increased operating temperature and allowable pressure.
When choosing an eyeliner, you need to build on the length, that is, during installation, it should not be too tight or strongly bent. The diameter of the hose determines the type of equipment to be connected: for a toilet, 8 mm is usually used, for a sink, 10 mm is enough, for a bath they take a diameter of 15 mm.
The material of the tip of the flexible liner will affect the service life and the risk of leakage. So the connecting elements made of Stainless steel and brass will serve you up to 20 years, and nickel-plated steel has a service life of only 3 years, but much cheaper
Methods for cleaning the drain channel in the kitchen with a blockage
The main reason why water does not leave the sink is a clogged siphon and clogged drain pipes. Fats, food pieces, hair, and foreign small objects accumulate in the siphon and on the pipe walls, which must be urgently cleaned.
The first step for plumbing is to try to remove the blockage with a plunger. Which allows you to pump out water with air by removing the plug in the pipes. If the plunger doesn’t work, wait for the water to drain and try cleaning the siphon. It is generally recommended to clean the siphon at least once a week to prevent blockages. If the water still flows out of the sink very slowly, then you have clogged drain pipes, which can be cleaned in the following ways:
• pour or fill up with household chemicals to clean pipes from blockages. It can be liquid. The mole is the cheapest of them;
• if none of the above methods helps, then you will have to resort to the most difficult thing: clean the pipes using a cable.
Buy a cable with a special handle and good brush or hooks. This will allow you to more effectively clean the drain channels, and a special twisting handle will simplify the process of pushing the end into the drain system.