Generally, when we talk about roof cleaning spaces, we think of all the surfaces, objects, and elements that are below and at the level of our eyes, but it is very common to forget the amount of dirt that the ceilings are accumulating until it is too evident.
In certain places, roof cleaning is essential, as, in the rest of the facilities, this is the case of food industries or sanitary areas.
But not only in critical places roof cleaning is vital, but in all kinds of places, roof cleaning, prevents allergic reactions in people, helps to maintain brighter spaces, prevents the proliferation of insects or other pests, mainly when it comes to removable or false ceilings, and helps to create a better image of spaces, whether public or private.
Roof Cleaning has been carrying out all kinds of professional cleaning for many years, both in the public and private sectors, and we know the importance of properly maintaining all kinds of facilities in which, of course, adequate cleaning is always included under the schedule of ceilings.
Therefore, we want to share with you this post about cleaning ceilings, how to do a professional cleaning, step by step, in which we have included the following sections:
How to know when roof cleaning is needed
In the domestic sphere, the frequency and periodicity are marked by you, but in industrial cleaning, companies, or spaces for public and sanitary use, the ceiling cleaning calendar will be determined by the activity, the volume of users of the spaces, the type of waste that is generated, and ventilation systems, mainly air conditioning, and degree of environmental contamination of the location.
Based on all this, the cleaning company will establish a roof cleaning schedule.
In any case there are a series of clues that will indicate the need to perform a ceiling cleaning , and that we are going to comment on below:
- When you see darker areas with spots or shadows of soot.
- When the originally white ceilings start to yellow.
- When you see stains near vents or air conditioning machines.
- If there are stains of moisture or mold, it is also time to do a facility review which may include a ceiling cleaning.
- If you see live or dead insects in the vents, lights, etc …, this is a clear indication that your ceilings are in need of a good cleaning.
- If you notice bad odors when operating your air conditioning or air conditioning systems, you may have to perform a ceiling cleaning.
- If there are false ceilings in your facilities, you have to know that the chamber between the original ceiling and the removable ceiling is a nest of dirt and space where insects, microorganisms, and even other larger animals, such as rodents, can breed and proliferate. . In this case, you should pay more attention to cleaning the ceilings of your facilities.
Roof cleaning step by step
The cleaning ceilings in public spaces, industrial, health, etc … remove all types of microorganisms that tend to proliferate elements installed on them as vents or spaces on the ceiling, not to mention cobwebs or nests of birds that serve as an ecosystem to insects and other living beings, or dirt from pollution, nicotine or fat.
The professional cleaning of roofs involves a series of steps shown below:
- The first thing to do is identify the type of material the ceiling is made of, that is, if it is wood, plaster, metal, glass, fiber, etc …, to establish the ease or difficulty of cleaning, and the most appropriate type of procedure. Porous materials absorb dirt much faster and in greater quantity, so they require more intense cleaning treatments to achieve results not only on the surface but also on the inner layers.
- The condition of the roof will also have to be seen, to determine if the cleaning work will be carried out, or if a deeper rehabilitation will be necessary.
- The cleaning of ceilings in turn implies the cleaning of all types of elements suspended from it or installed in it, so the types of elements, materials, and quantity will also be identified, to carry out an exhaustive cleaning of them. . Thus, for example, elements such as luminaires, grilles, diffusers, are disassembled for total cleaning, then proceeding again to their assembly. Along with the cleaning of ceilings, the cleaning of pipes, pipes, profiles, filters of cooling systems, and other elements is also carried out.
- It will be necessary to determine the most suitable systems depending on the height of the ceilings in which it is necessary to intervene.
- In cleaning the roofs of silos and tanks, additional safety measures and work systems at height will have to be established.
- Before beginning some professional roof cleaning procedures, all undersurfaces such as furniture, floors (if necessary), and other facilities must be properly protected.
- The lighting elements, delicate elements, etc… are then protected.
- Finally, the ceiling cleaning procedure is carried out, which will first involve a dry removal of surface dust, using cloths, or a vacuum system. The cleaning ceiling s deeper, generally done using pressure machines and specific products according to the surface to be treated, leaving work to get dislodge dirt and germs disappear. Among the most common treatments is cleaning with ozone generators designed, which also guarantees the total disinfection of the treated spaces. In the case of installations with removable ceilings that require cleaning.
- between hollow spaces, part of the installation will be dismantled to remove all the dirt and debris they contain and reassembly after cleaning.
- In the event that the presence of insect nests or other animals is detected, roof cleaning will be used to carry out specific pest prevention and control treatment.
- All disassembled elements, such as lamps, grids, etc … are cleaned with a wet system, subsequently drying before assembly.
We’ll add value and beauty to your home, plus we’re protecting it at the same time. And surely you’d love also to read this article “building Inspection and what does it mean for best old buildings?”.