WHAT IS Building Inspection The is a visual inspection of the structure, facade and roof, and the common networks of sanitation and supply, in order to know its construction characteristics, its condition and the pathologist that may affect the building.The includes the realization of the energy efficiency certificate (data collection of the Building Inspection envelope and its facilities in order to certify the energy efficiency of the building) and the collection of data on accessibility (compliance with the basic conditions of universal accessibility and non-discrimination of persons with disabilities for access and use of the building, in accordance with current regulations, establishing whether or not the building is capable of making reasonable adjustments to satisfy them).
The is specified in the preparation of a report and corresponding opinion made by an optional technician. (Only Architects and Surveyors will be empowered)The is the application tool in Building Inspection the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country, and is equivalent to the IEE (Building Evaluation Report), which is applied according to state regulations in the rest of the State. Both applications share the object and the inspection sections: Conservation, Accessibility and Energy Efficiency.
- 1. To ensure the good condition and safety of buildings
- 2. To promote the conservation and maintenance of buildings
- 3. To avoid more serious problems and irremovable situations
- 4. To boost universal accessibility and energy efficiency
- 5. To ensure that rehabilitation aids are destined to the structural elements that really need it
HOW THE Building Inspection IS DONE The technician authorized to perform the must fill in a report with the observed data and, depending on their technical assessment, issue an opinion with the actions to be carried out.WHAT RESULTS OR QUALIFICATIONS ISSUED BY THE Building Inspection The is the first step in the general maintenance process of the building. The law contemplates 5 degrees, depending on the state of the building, which will force the owners to take repair measures more or less quickly:Degrees of the required actions
- Grade 1. Immediate: intervention to be adopted within a maximum period of 24 hours, going to the firefighting service if other means are not available, in cases of confluence of extreme damage, with risk of collapse of the element and with imminent risk of damage to persons or property of others, and when necessary to adopt security measures such as propping up, evicting, closing access to an area of the building, mounting safety trays to prevent landslides, etc.
- Grade 2. Very urgent: intervention Building Inspection associated with significant damage to the parts of the building or its elements, which entail a short-term risk for persons or property belonging to others, but for which it is considered that, due to its state of degradation, the term The maximum that should be established for this type of action must be three months, regardless of the need or not to have auxiliary security means.
- Grade 3. Urgent: intervention when serious deficiencies are detected, which can lead to the degradation of the element or system, progressively. The maximum period to be established for this type of action is twelve months.
- Grade 4. Necessary in the medium term: to be associated with specific deficiencies, which do not affect the functioning of the system and that need a specific action, since if they are not corrected, it can degenerate into a larger pathological process. In this case, actions that can be postponed for more than one year can be considered.
- Grade 5. Maintenance: when no injuries have been detected, or when these due to their lightness do not appear Building Inspection to entail risk, since with proper maintenance they can correct or stop their progression, understood as the set of operations and care to be carried out periodically to prevent the deterioration of a building and keep it in good condition.
WHO ARE OBLIGATED Obligation to dispose of the Building Inspection
The Basque Law of Land and Urban Planning of 2006 and the law 8/2013, of June 26, on urban rehabilitation, regeneration and renovation, establishes that all residential buildings over 50 years of age, buildings and buildings listed, as well as the Residential buildings included in the “out of order” category must have the
Obligation to present the at the City Council The decree of modification establishes that residential buildings that turn 50 years have a period of one year to make and present the in the City Council. However, to allow the updating of older buildings, the amendment decree contemplates a progressive calendar (those residential buildings that are 50 years old or older as of June 27, 2017 must submit the before 28 June 2018 (as well as buildings cataloged as of that same date).
Excluded from the obligation to present the Building Inspection single-family homes that have no facade to public roads, unless the City Council so requires.In addition, buildings whose owners intend to receive support from the Public Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country in order to undertake works of conservation, universal accessibility or energy efficiency, must carry out the prior to the formalization of the request for the corresponding help, regardless of the age of the building. Administrations may indicate the actions to be subsidized based on the results of the.
WHO CAN PERFORM THE The can be carried out in its entirety by Architects or Surveyors.Likewise, the energy efficiency certification can be subscribed by Engineers or Technical Engineers, or Technician qualified for this purpose.There is no official registry of authorized personnel. All professionals who have such qualification, either individually as a liberal professional or working in a Building Quality Control Entity, can perform this task.The entities and professionals will attach, together with the documentation of each made, a responsible statement according to the model set out in Annex II. This declaration will allow to elaborate the corresponding technical inspection, for which they declare to fulfill the demand able requirements as building inspection personnel, both to the entity and to the professional.Citizens can freely choose the professional they want.
HOW THE PRESENTATION OF THE Building Inspection IS CONTROLLED As established by law, the municipalities are the bodies responsible for managing and controlling the process. The property must deliver reports and opinions to the City Council, and these are the ones that will take control of the real estate park.In the event that a building has not fulfilled its obligation to present the , the City Council may require its completion within two months.
After this period has elapsed without Inspection complying with the requirement, the City Council may act in a subsidiary manner and exercise its inspection competence, carrying out the Technical Inspection of Buildings at the expense of the obligatory. The same will happen in the event that one of the 3 most serious degrees of intervention (1, 2 or 3) has been ruled out and the works have not been carried out.The City Council will carry out the execution in a subsidiary manner and the costs must be paid by the owners.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE OBLIGATION TO SUBMIT THE Building Inspection IS NOT COMPLIED The law establishes that there will be sanctions according to urban planning regulations and the municipalities will act based on their sanctioning capacity. In this sense, the breach will be considered an urban infraction.The City Council may act in a subsidiary manner both in the case of non-submission of the and in the absence of action before an opinion of grade 1, 2 or 3.
WHERE IS IT RELATED INFORMATION EGREGIOUS is the internet platform, managed by the Basque Government. On June 2, 2014, both the program for the “Technical Building Inspection” and its updates are available on the web.
It includes documentation that building owners should know such as:
- • Current regulations governing the : Decree, background, etc.
- • Information about what the is, how it should be done, who is obliged to do it, advantages of doing it, etc.
- • Information on access pages of all municipalities that collect inspections and the procedure to make it specific to each of them.
- • Statistics Chart by municipality and global of the entire Basque territory.
- Your building data and calendars for compliance
WHAT IS THE NORMATIVE FRAMEWORK The Technical Building Inspection Report and its corresponding invoice must be submitted.The submitted must include: the evaluation of the basic accessibility conditions and the energy efficiency certificate, in accordance with the order of October 15, 2013, published info modification of the order on financial measures for the rehabilitation of housing establishes that in order for the requested works to be considered protect able, the interventions indicated in the will have to be executed, that is, the works required by the Report to be made in a term equal to or less than one year.
ORDER of November 26, 2014, of the Building Inspection Employment and Social Policies Counselor, of the second modification of the Order on financial measures for housing rehabilitation .The , amending , by which regulates Technical inspection of buildings in the CAV expanding the content accessibility and energy efficiency as well as submission deadlines If these works are executed before the request for the aid will NOT be protected. Certificate of rectification of the issued by a competent technician (architect / technical architect) or proof of the execution of the works reflected in the must be presented.